Tuesday, August 6, 2024

August 6--"Won't You Please, Please Help Me" 🎵🎵

You are never strong enough that you don't need help.  --Cesar Chavez

    Amen to that! I still have a screaming, cranky four-year-old inside me yelling, "I do it myself!" One of my bigger challenges in life has been learning to ask for help. Most folks are ultra-willing to help, so that a request for help benefits both parties. 
    Wow. Yesterday's journey made my heart sing. I could literally feel the joy. We drove from cousin P's house through the magnificent PA mountains, valleys, forests and farms to Alan Seeger Natural Area. I led my niece around the one-mile trail through towering hemlocks and canopies of rhododendron. I wish I could bottle the fresh forest air! Then we drove to St. Stephen's Lutheran Church cemetery to see my brother's recently-placed gravestone. Strolling through the cemetery made me realize that most of the folks I knew in the area have passed. 
    We took in the spectacular view from the top of the State College mountain. We stopped at Meyer's Dairy, one of the places on my personal "Notable Ice Cream" list, and had a "girl lunch" of malts. Then we headed west and arrived at D's house around 3:30. Naps ensued, then unpacking. We did a Thai-food carryout and enjoyed it while (yes, of course, you guessed it) we played Rummikub. 
    So good to be "home,"
        Leta
So many loving memories with those two!

No comments:

Post a Comment