Thursday, August 1, 2024

August 1--Friendship

To love is to recognize yourself in another.  --Eckhart Tolle

    7/12ths of the year is completed. (I must express my "numbers nerd" personality.) The theme for August is friendship. A special treat of this week is time with great-nephew B and getting to know his wife of one-year, E. They live in Scottsdale, Arizona, so extended time for us to be together isn't very likely. B & E dated for several years before marrying, and it is clear that they are best friends. 
    Yesterday the four of us went on a mini golf adventure. As we took off driving to find a putt-putt course, I did the little kid thing: "I want one with dinosaurs!!!!" Comically, the first one we encountered was Old Pro Golf, with loads of dinosaurs and even a steaming volcano. How could we pass by!?!?! It was a fun and challenging course. I managed to win second place. 
    We spent a couple hours on the beach. B and E went on an adventure to the boardwalk, and D and I walked to a local favorite restaurant and had supper.
    Another day in paradise,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment