Tuesday, August 13, 2024

August 13--Long Distance Friendships

The arms of friendship are long enough to reach from the one end of the world to the other.  --Michel de Montaigne

    I'm so grateful for this wisdom. I have friends and family in many distant places. We may not talk regularly or often, but when we connect, it's like little time has passed. Love sustains the relationships over time and space. 
    Yesterday I swam laps for the seventh day in a row. I went on a shopping adventure just to explore more of this area. I was invited by one of D's friends to play pickleball, which I wouldn't think of turning down. It was a beautiful day with just enough wind to make PB very interesting. Afterwards I indulged my other hobby of napping. 
    It is becoming a tradition with D and I to have a nice "closing" dinner, so last night we went to Cafe Toscano, an Italian restaurant in Aurora. It was crazy busy and noisy, but the food was superb and the portions gigantic. I will likely have two more meals from my leftovers. We played a few "closing" rounds of Rummikub wherein D once again "kicked my butt."
    Why "closing" on Monday when I don't leave until Wednesday? Tonight we go to the Cubs-Guardians game!!! Baseball heaven!!!
        Leta
GO, CUBS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment