Sunday, August 11, 2024

August 11--The Comfort of Like Minds

What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it. 
--C. S. Lewis

    I certainly see this with family. I am closest to those who share the same truth, and feel rather distant from those who don't. There are subjects where we simply don't dare to tread, as nothing good will come of it. We have the infamous, oft-repeated line of my mother-in-law to her husband: "We don't need to talk about that now, Dick." 
    While I did a lap swim and a 2-mile walk yesterday, I would consider it a lazy day. I spent most of the day and evening watching sports. The USA won Olympic gold in women's soccer ("Way to go, Mallory Swanson!") and in men's basketball, the Chiefs had their first preseason game (loss), and the Cubs beat the White Sox. It was "sports heaven" for me. 
    I can pretty much count on swimming and Rummikub to make for a good today.
        Leta
Random web photo, too cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment