Saturday, August 24, 2024

August 24--Let's Play!

In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. 
--Kahlil Gibran

    Let there be game-playing! For my own pleasure and laughter, I'm talking about Rummikub and pickleball. One has to be able to laugh at pickleball. At least a couple times a game, I'll take a swing at the ball, hit it, and have no idea where it went. Sometimes my acts of self-defense are comical. Then there are the personalities of the other players--it's all in good fun. The more "serious" players go to those other courts... maybe they are having fun but I don't notice much laughter. 
    One of my favorite activities when visiting my niece is for us to meet friends at a brewpub for pizza and beers and then play Rummikub for several hours. It's a win-win for the pub and us, and laughter, name-calling and silliness are a part of the game. 
    Life is a game--fill it with friends, laughter and pleasure!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment