Saturday, August 3, 2024

August 3--Choose Traveling Buds Wisely

Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.  --Ernest Hemingway

    I'm going to be successful at this today, for sure. We leave the beach headed for the Philadelphia Airport, where we drop off B and E to fly home to Arizona. Then D and I go on to visit one of her cousins for a couple days. I am certainly traveling with those I love. 
    I think back to last fall's trip to England and Wales. There was one solo traveler in the group who was, "right out of the gate," loud, negative and obnoxious. She was generally avoided because she simply would not stop complaining. It was a good reminder of Hemingway's quote. 
    Our last day on the beach was perfect--sunny, comfy breeze, refreshing water. We finished off with supper at the Crabcake Factory where I had a most excellent meal of crab mac 'n' cheese. 
    Onward to more fun,
        Leta
One of many cool sea-themed
sculptures in Ocean City

No comments:

Post a Comment