Sunday, August 18, 2024

August 18--Shoved Into the Wild

A friend is a loved one who awakens your life in order to free the wild possibilities within you.  --John O'Donohue

    I'm going with the idea that in my lifetime, my dysfunctional family of origin was a significant "friend" to me. Growing up in that particular environment most definitely encouraged me to "get the hell out of there," which led to inviting wild possibilities in my life. My dad refused to fly ("You don't die till your number is up, and I don't want to be up there when the pilot's number is up."), so my mother took me on international trips, thus implanting my love of travel. My family was riddled with addiction, which eventually led me to the life-changing 12-Step programs. Recovery from addiction has enabled me to do all sorts of amazing things such as yoga teacher training, spiritual coaching, and the wildest possibility of all--parenting. 
    As I have so often repeated: a bad example can be a good thing. 
        Leta
More beauty from Longwood Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment