Wednesday, August 28, 2024

August 28--Friends and Loneliness

There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul.  --Edith Wharton

    There are several folks in my life who fit this quote, and therefore, I am extremely blessed. I feel as though we have been associated somehow in previous lifetimes and synchronicity brought us together again, so that we connect instantly with a significant comfort level. 
    The topic of our 12-Step meeting on Monday night was loneliness, and not using our substance of choice to cope with that. I shared that loneliness has been a difficult emotion for me to identify. I think I have continually told myself that because I live with someone, I can't be lonely. But that is not true. I'm grateful that I have the ability to handle loneliness without eating over it. 
    Life is a continual learning process,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment