Monday, August 5, 2024

August 5--NATURE!!!

If we would build on a sure foundation in friendship, we must love friends for their sake rather than for our own.  --Charlotte Bronte

    Yesterday we were treated to a personal guided tour of Longwood Gardens by K, the daughter to cousin P, who works there. It was awesome. Being a fellow gardener, I had loads of questions and enjoyed every minute of it. We saw the dancing fountains set to music, which looks like water fireworks. We saw loads of flowers, a magnificent kitchen garden, a woodland area, and many fountains and waterfalls. They are currently building a new conservatory which opens later this year. I have some great photos which I will be sharing over the next few days. 
    Today we head back to Ohio, with stops at Alan Seeger Natural Area (my favorite spot on the planet, in central PA) and St. Stephen's Lutheran Church cemetery to see my brother's gravestone. That is also where my parents and many relatives are buried. 
    "Charmed life" on steroids!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment