Friday, August 9, 2024

August 9--Enjoyable Nonsense

'Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.  --Charles Lamb

    The "nonsense" of yesterday was indulging my love for Culver's. I treated D, her oldest son and myself to a fine lunch there, which, of course, included my Culver's favorite--a salted caramel malt. I highly recommend it!
    After naptime, D and I headed out for a 2-mile walk, returning to the house just before the sky opened up. I don't know if it was hurricane fallout or just the usual storms passing through, but it poured--to the point of flash flood warnings. The creek behind D's condo overflowed its banks. 
    Below is an outstanding cartoon by Brian Gordon describing both parenting and the current state of politics. Enjoy!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment