Thursday, September 7, 2023

September 7--"Happy Little Accidents"

Let yourself be gutted. Let it open you. Start here.  --Cheryl Strayed

    In ways I never imagined, the birth of my grandson caused this. It has been both wonderful and painful as I move through time and he grows. It's all part of life's adventure. 
    Twice in the past few weeks, I have been in a restaurant with many TVs, and one of them was playing the Bob Ross Channel. The rest of the TVs were broadcasting sports events. A friend of my son introduced me to Bob Ross and his painting videos. I certainly can't paint like him, but I do enjoy watching him create a painting. Most of all, I love his philosophy: 

"We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents."

    Mr. Ross was referring to the painting process, but I think this is a lovely life philosophy, too. What a great idea to lessen the sting of "mistake" with "happy little accident." That lightens the load considerably!
        Leta

One of Bob Ross' lovely landscapes

No comments:

Post a Comment