Saturday, September 2, 2023

September 2--Another September

The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open. 
--Chuck Palahniuk

    Here we are once again in September, with a theme of vulnerability. I dread September, even though I love the coming of autumn. Both my parents passed in September on the same date (24th) 21 years apart. Last year my sister-in-law passed suddenly on September 23. Then there was 9-11. I've had my worst health challenges in September, including depression. It's no wonder that at the beginning of the month I take a deep anxious breath and offer a prayer to make it through the month unscathed. 
    Because I am wary of September, I could spend the month hiding in the woman cave. But I don't want to do that, so last night I adventured to Moundridge to the Hub Brick Oven & Brewery. My husband and two friends were playing music there. The pizza is excellent. They have a wall of taps where you can sample a variety of beers and wines. It was a lovely drive both ways through fertile Kansas farmlands. 
    One day at a time, chanting "life is good!"
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment