Thursday, September 21, 2023

September 21--Self-Love

What is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.  --Anna Quindlen

     WOOHOO!!! We get to see our grandson today! Oh, yes, parents and uncle, too. Rumor has it that my husband and I may get to baby-sit during this visit. We offered a few months ago, and the parents said a hasty "no," so we are delighted to have the opportunity now that Luca is over a year old. 
    "Perfectionism is self-abuse." That's a 12-step program saying which I have found to be quite true. I was raised by a card-carrying perfectionist so I know that of which I write! To be content with who I am--my physical, emotional, mental, spiritual being--is an ongoing, life-long practice. 
    "The work of becoming yourself" is all about self-love. Rev. Dr. Jacqui Lewis describes it this way:
By self-love I mean a healthy delight in your true, imperfect, uniquely wonderful, particular self. I mean an unconditional appreciation for who you are, head to toe, inside and out: quirks, foibles, beauty, and blemishes—all of it. I mean seeing yourself truthfully and loving what you see.
    Yes, that's both hard and amazing.
        Leta

Our golf group fit in well there! 😉😉

No comments:

Post a Comment