Sunday, September 17, 2023

September 17--An Open Heart

To love at all is to be vulnerable.  --C. S. Lewis

    I hit on this every time I see a photo of my grandson. (BTW, while I am dying to show off how adorable he is, I have agreed not to post any photos of him.) I want so much to have more time with him--it is so hard to be so far away (~580 miles) from him and his parents. 
    Have you ever experienced someone you love having a major challenge such as illness, an accident, job loss, and so on? It hurts to watch it, because we love them so much. It is a position of vulnerability for all involved. 
    Absolutely the hardest thing I've dealt with personally has been the ongoing process of letting go of my sons. The greater the love, the tougher the release. It leaves me feeling very vulnerable. 
    Breathe!
        Leta
A new pot home for my little bonsai...
a gift from my younger son...
part of my woman cave window garden

No comments:

Post a Comment