Saturday, September 16, 2023

September 16--Failure??

It's impossible to live without failing at something--unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all--in which case you have failed by default.  --J. K. Rowling

    I don't think it is possible to live that cautiously. If you are a parent, you have automatically failed at something--it comes with the territory, and the fact that those little creatures don't come with an Owner's Manual. 
    I've had several business/work failures, serving to teach me that I am not any sort of salesperson. If you participate in any sport, you know failure. Golf and pickleball provide me regular doses of humility. I have been told by my children that I did not measure up to their expectations on many occasions. Note that those occasions were not failures from my perspective! Which brings up another point--the term "failure" is relative and personal. 
    We can let supposed failures stop us in our tracks, or we can learn and move on. We can adopt the Bob Ross attitude: "We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." 
    Onward,
        Leta
Fall approaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment