Monday, September 11, 2023

September 11--ASK That Question!

If you don't understand, ask questions. If you're uncomfortable about asking questions, say you are uncomfortable about asking questions and then ask anyway. It's easy to tell when a question is coming from a good place. Then listen some more. Sometimes people just want to feel heard. 
--Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

    I have a dear friend with whom I exchange daily emails. The other day I warned her that I was offering a rant, and off I went. Part of our daily exchange is to get stuff off our chests as needed. We both know that the other will hear and understand the frustration loud and clear. It is a blessing to have such a sounding board. 
    I like to use the phrase, "There are no stupid questions, but I may give you a stupid answer." I love it when folks ask questions in my MELT and yoga classes. More often than not, the topic benefits everyone in the class, and it's a good teaching and/or demonstrating opportunity. 
    I don't have a problem with asking questions. I know some folks fear appearing stupid or ignorant. But there's just too much stuff out there for anyone to know it all. I love to learn, and asking questions is a necessary part of that. 
    Curiosity and questioning are essential aspects of a rich life.
        Leta

Barney and I headed west
on an early morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment