Wednesday, September 13, 2023

September 13--Why Not Be Brave!?!?!

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.  --Helen Keller

    I have gone zip-lining in the mountains of Costa Rica. I have gone para-sailing on the coast of Jamaica. I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, landing safely in the prairie of Kansas. I am quite scared of heights, so all of these definitely qualify as "daring adventures." I remember on the para-sailing--you start out sitting on the back of the boat with your legs extended straight out. I had been floating up in the air for several minutes before I realized that I had not let my legs bend. 
    Yoga teacher training was another daring adventure. It was a month away from home with 28 straight 12-hour days and driving in Houston traffic before and after those 12 hours every day. I felt like a rock star upon completing that "daring adventure." 
    Then there are the long-term daring adventures, such as we take on when choosing to raise one or more children. Less welcome are illnesses and losing loved ones. Even dealing with aging is a profound daring adventure. 
    Life is as much fun as we make it!
        Leta

Even being a baseball fan
is a daring adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment