Monday, September 25, 2023

September 25--Being a Grown-Up

When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability... to be alive is to be vulnerable.  --Madeleine L'Engle

    Amen to that! We had a sunny, wind-at-our-backs drive home yesterday. It seems we are usually cranky on the way home. It's a long drive (almost 600 miles), and we've just left a very fun time with our kids and grandson, and it's back to "regular life." Re-entry is not my favorite time, but then I turn my attention to the day in front of me. Today includes gardening, swimming, physical therapy (shoulder), and teaching MELT and yoga. I remind myself to be present to the task at hand--that makes each day better and takes much of the sting out of adult vulnerability. 
    Pay attention!
        Leta
Leaves and sand--fascinating to a 1-yr-old

No comments:

Post a Comment