Thursday, June 9, 2022

June 9--Enjoy the Few

One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.  --Anne Morrow Lindbergh

    What a timely quote, as I will be at the beach in just a few days. Given my love of beach vacations, I have collected many, many shells in my lifetime. I have a shadow box framing three perfect sand dollars, my favorite shell. These days I find that one shell is enough to bring home as a memento of my trip, so I spend a lot of time looking for just the right one. I know it when I hold it, and whether or not it is "perfect," it is beautiful. 
    One cannot cover every square inch of our spectacular Earth home. Even in a lifetime, one can visit only a few of the assorted places, and one finds beauty wherever one roams. 
    Even a rich, long life of adventure gives us only a taste of the beauty available to us. The key is to stay focused on the beauty of each individual encounter, making for an excellent life. 
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment