Tuesday, June 21, 2022

June 21--It Was A Walkoff!

Let the rain sing you a lullaby.  --Langston Hughes

    Don't you love napping on a rainy day? Granted, I love napping every day...
    I had an easy drive Monday from the Greensboro area to Marietta, Georgia, leaving North Carolina, passing through a bit of South Carolina and finally ending up at my hotel just down the hill from Truist Park, home of the Atlanta Braves. For the last hour of driving, the traffic was crazy, even during mid-day. I paid $25 extra for early check-in. Then when I was trying to nap, the fire alarm went off briefly. So much for a pre-game snooze. 
    The area around the ballpark, The Battery, is awesome--all sorts of shops, restaurants and bars. I found an Asian "food court" and enjoyed a light supper of crab rolls and a small beer. Then it was into the stadium for roaming. There is a very cool museum area where they honor Braves star players, most notable to me being Hank Aaron and Greg Maddux (because he was also a Cub for many years). 
    Lastly it was a great game. The Braves beat the Giants 2-1 with a walkoff hit in the bottom of the 9th. 
    Today is a long drive to St. Petersburg for the Yankees-Rays game tonight. 
    Onward!
        Leta

A bat for each of Hank Aaron's home runs


The giant A changes color and pattern


No comments:

Post a Comment