Friday, June 3, 2022

June 3--Go Outside

Live in the sunshine,
swim the sea,
Drink the wild air's salubrity. 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Salubrity is a new word to me, and it refers to wholesomeness, especially of the climate or air. I believe Mr. Emerson suggested we go outside!
    Light, water, air, all essential elements of life on Earth. Being essential, one would hope that we would be taking good care of all those things, along with the land. We have not been, but I am hopeful that we are waking up to the fact that we are polluting, damaging and distressing our home. 
    We don't need more stuff. We need more nature, more interaction with the beauty of our magnificent planet. As a lifelong gardener, I know firsthand the joy of cooperating with the earth to create a lovely landscape and grow fresh veggies for meals. I love getting my hands in the soil. There is rich vibrant energy to be experienced there. 
    As I drive through the Kansas countryside to go to my MELT/yoga classes, I am seeing the wheat ripen from emerald green to golden. Soon the harvest will begin. Alas, as a tax preparer of farmers' returns, I also know the thousands of dollars they spend annually on chemicals and chemical fertilizers. It saddens me to know how our food sources are being poisoned. 
    I believe we can do better, 
        Leta
My lilies are blooming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment