Sunday, June 26, 2022

June 26--I Want "Beam Me Up, Scotty!"

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.  --Rachel Carson

    On Saturday's drive, I enjoyed the beauty of five states, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas. I needed those "reserves of strength" as I drove from Panama City Beach to West Memphis, about 525 miles. Exhausting. I saw one billboard that said, "Go to church or the devil will get you." I kid you not. Isn't that inspiring and motivational!?!?! Then there were the two exits, one for Laughter Road and the second for Getwell Road (photos below). I was also treated to a rainbow. Those were the highlights, otherwise it was just a lot of pavement and traffic. The best part is that today's end is HOME!!!
    Westward and north from here,
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment