Saturday, June 11, 2022

June 11--Arrived MO

Nature seems to have implanted gratitude in all living creatures. 
--Samuel Johnson

    This came to me as I was packing for my trip. It comes from "Every Day Spirit" by Mary Davis in the reading for June 4:

Vacation packing list:
For yourself, patience.
For everyone you meet, kindness.
For joy, a sense of humor.
For the soul, relaxation.
For plans, flexibility.
For the journey, gratitude.
For all of the above, grace. 
 
    I have said for years that I lead a charmed life, especially when traveling. With all those items packed, how could my trip be anything but great?!!? (Lower gas prices would help!)
    My first day was an easy, dry, successful drive to Wentzville, Missouri. My in-laws treated me to supper with both b-i-ls, my s-i-l, and nephew. I hadn't seen most of them for almost three years, so it was a great treat to be together and catch up. 
    Today's destination is Charleston, West Virginia. 
        Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment