Thursday, June 23, 2022

June 23--A Very Long Mile

Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.  --Alphonse Karr

    I confess that I have grumbled the many times I have been stuck by a rose thorn. 
    I drove yesterday from St. Petersburg to Miami, about 280 miles. The Waze app got me to my hotel just fine. My hotel is just over a mile from the stadium. Going to and coming from, between my confusion and blocked off streets, I'm thinking I drove about eight miles, and certainly drove the Waze app crazy. Beep, beep, beep. But I made it.
    Marlins stadium, loanDepot park, is quite cool. I arrived early enough to walk all the way around the park inside, checking out the food and drink options. Seeing nothing I couldn't live without, I settled on water and peanuts, which I think ran me about $15. There were only a few thousand people at the game. My seat was at the end of a row. Below is a photo of my row. Note that this was an excellent seat, nine rows back of the visitors' dugout, looking down the 3rd base line. The coolest thing on the concourse is The Bobblehead Museum, displaying all the bobbleheads from all the teams. See the photos below.
    The home team won again, Marlins over the Rockies, 7-4. Entertainment included three people in front and to the right of me who were dressed in bacon costumes. Yes, bacon. 
    I start making my way toward home today, destination Panama City Beach.
    I did it! 3 games, 3 cities, 3 consecutive nights! Woohoo! 28 down, 2 to go...
        Leta

I had a primo seat--9 rows behind the
visitor dugout. I had the row to myself. 

The whole thing shakes to keep the bobbleheads moving!

Kris Bryant bobblehead

From my seat, I think the closest I've ever been to the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment