Sunday, June 19, 2022

June 19--In North Carolina

Day's sweetest moments are at dawn.  --Ella Wheeler Wilcox

    Happy Father's Day to all you folks dadding out there!
    I left for points south just after dawn yesterday, traveling through Maryland, Virginia, and into North Carolina. The drive across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnels was terrifying. I don't know if I was more scared by the bridges (3) or tunnels (2), all 17 miles of them. 
    I drove through beautiful farmland and forest in Maryland. When I made it to NC, I was delighted to see at many exit and on ramps literally thousands of blooming day lilies in bright orange or yellow. Of course, I was driving, so I have no photo of my own to offer, but the photo below gives you an idea. Beautiful!!!
    After driving almost 400 miles and checking into my hotel, I was delighted to find a nearby YMCA where I got in a 33-lap swim before closing time. After that, it was an evening of "chill time." 
    Grateful for safe travels,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment