Monday, June 20, 2022

June 20--Sunday's Golf Adventure

Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.  Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.  --Roald Dahl

    Dahl is one of my favorite authors of children's books. He used his belief in magic to the max. 
    I had a lovely Sunday, starting with a relaxing morning of writing and reading. I headed out to Holly Ridge Golf Links, where I managed to get on as a single, joining a couple who originally came from Sweden 30-some years ago. They are a lovely pair, and they spoke Swedish to each other. Eva said they wouldn't teach me "bad words" in Swedish, even though I said I'd like that. To get to play, I joined them on hole #4. This is an important factor in what followed later...
    After playing through #18, I still needed to play holes 1-2-3. I snuck in between two groups, played the holes, then started back in the cart around the golfers behind me so that I wouldn't get hit. This took me to the road leading up to the clubhouse. When I was about 2/3 of the way up the hill, the cart locked up on me. The screen said I was in a restricted area, and the cart was locked. I let it roll backwards into the grass, so that it wasn't blocking the way for cars. Then I lugged my clubs up the hill to my vehicle. I went into the clubhouse and told them where their cart was. I guess they are freakishly paranoid about someone stealing a golf cart. Geez! It was a lovely round on a beautiful day finished off with a completely-new-to-me experience. 
    Today I drive to Atlanta and go to the Braves-Giants game tonight. 
    Having fun!
        Leta

The locked cart


It's quite a lovely course,
and fairly short & easy for women


No comments:

Post a Comment