Saturday, June 4, 2022

June 4--Art Expresses Gratitude

The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.  --Friedrich Nietzsche

    Nietzsche's quote is right on. The practice of art is the desire to express Spirit expanding through the artist. One cannot help but be grateful for the impulse of that. It feels good. It pushes for expression. This is why I write.
    I would offer that "beautiful" and "great" as applied to art are extremely subjective. I love going through art museums. I must confess that I sometimes wonder why someone thinks a particular piece is great enough to be there. I don't get it. But even if I don't care for something, I do appreciate the artist's willingness to express Spirit's impulse. 
    Making something is great/grateful fun,
        Leta

The pandemic produced a lot of art...
this artist (me) likes straight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment