Wednesday, June 8, 2022

June 8--Sunrise Beauty

I'll tell you how
the Sun rose
A Ribbon at a time
--Emily Dickinson

    Our wide-open prairie spaces in Kansas are known for magnificent sunrises and sunsets, with nothing like mountains block the view. (It's also cool for watching storms roll in.) 
    I love the reminder that a sunrise or sunset provides me--that right this second is the time to "drink it in" and enjoy it, for it won't last long, and there will never be another exactly like it. Such is life--change is constant. 
    Later this week I'm headed to the east coast for a beach vacation. One of my favorite things to do is be out on the beach for the sunrise (and nap later, of course). The combination of hearing the waves break onshore, breathing in the fresh air, feeling the breeze on my skin, and seeing our glorious sun appear is breath-taking. The day begins with a healthy dose of gratitude. 
    Below is probably the most beautiful Kansas sunrise I've ever seen. 
    Have a sunny day!
        Leta

May 11, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment