Friday, June 24, 2022

June 24--A Break After the Biggest Driving Day

The poetry of earth is never dead.  --John Keats

    I covered a lot of earth yesterday, over 600 miles from Miami to Panama City Beach (PCB). My dear friend (and 2021 Jamaica roomie) Paige offered me a couple nights' visit to break up the drive back to Kansas. Her home is like a resort, so spacious, comfy and beautiful. She drove me in her golf cart to her favorite Thai restaurant where we had great Pad Thai. Then she drove me along the beach and around the shopping area. What fun to cruise in the golf cart! Plus I'm getting a "doggie fix" with her wonderful pup, Rosie.
    It was over 100 degrees most of the day, and I think the humidity was 99.9%. I am grateful for a lot of things:
  • air conditioning
  • safe travels
  • interstate highways
  • a new reliable vehicle
  • the Waze app guiding me flawlessly (even yesterday around a closed FL turnpike section)
  • talented engineers who design those scary bridges and tunnels, and the talented folks who built them
  • all the angels working overtime for me to have such an awesome trip
  • all the folks who let this confused driver from Kansas into the proper lane at the last second
  • all the different vegetation, flowers, etc that I have seen in the many states I've passed through
  • that I am just crazy enough about baseball and my MLB mission to make this trip
    My son said in a text to me: "Thanks for sharing your sense of adventure!" That makes it all SO worthwhile!!
    Relaxing today in PCB,
        Leta

Cool artwork outside Marlins ballpark

No comments:

Post a Comment