Sunday, March 6, 2022

March 6--Good Deeds

Our deeds determine us, as much as we determine our deeds.  --George Eliot

    Have you played Wordle yet? It's a fun word-guessing game wherein there is only one word a day, so you don't spend an absurd amount of time playing it. For me, it is a brief relief from numbers and taxes to fiddle with letters for a few minutes. Google it--I predict you'll get "hooked."
    This quote from Maya Angelou crossed my path yesterday: "If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be." I know from being an addict most of my life, "normal" has been the holy grail. I think "normal" is like "perfect"--a constantly moving target impossible to define. Recovery has given me permission to simply be who I am and enjoy my life just as it is, normal or not.
    When our sons were little, I gave them each a section of garden to do with as they chose. We went to the garden store each spring, and they picked out plants and/or seeds and planted and cared for them. Their interest waned in the teenage years. I am happy to report, however, that my younger son's tiny apartment now has loads of plants (can you say "jungle"?) and my older son has built a grow-light setup and has been calling with seed-starting questions. 
    We don't know what our deeds will manifest down the road...
        Leta

Future pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment