Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March 2--Am I Me or You?

Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.  --Judy Garland

    I have considerable respect for people who are naturally good at sales. I'm not talking the stereo-type, high-pressure car salesperson. My younger son is someone who I say "could sell sand at the beach." He's natural at it. I've tried a few times in my life sell assorted things and finally realized that I am "second-rate" at best, and sales is not the profession for me. Recognizing what does not work for me has helped me settle into the things I do well and get better at them over time. 
    I am quite grateful for humanity's variety of skills and personalities. Each of us doing what we are good at makes for a smooth-working world. I appreciate those who are first-rate car mechanics, chefs, grocers, repairmen, manufacturers, truckers, and so on. Doing what we each do best, in harmony with life, makes for a peaceful, happy world. 
    Life is good!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment