Sunday, March 27, 2022

March 27--Best Friend

Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.  --Eleanor Roosevelt

    I've come a long way in befriending myself. Looking at that progression, I see that I have become a better friend, teacher, and worker. It is difficult to function well if you are not comfortable in your own skin.
    Questions worth pondering came my way from a friend recently. Is my "work" here on the planet complete? Not in the sense that I'm ready to die, or that I'm going to off myself, but do I feel satisfied with what I have accomplished here? Is there more that I need/want to do? Do I still have something to prove? These questions are very relevant to "friendship with oneself."
    I have had this voice in my head, seemingly my whole life, that keeps telling me, "You should do more." It's maddening, and usually I blow it off. If I say, "More what?" I don't get an answer, except occasionally "cleaning," so I know it's not a friendly voice. 😉😉
    I still want to travel more, especially to complete my MLB stadium quest (6 more to go). Most of all, I'm not leaving until I get to love up that grandbaby for many years to come. I feel good about my life's accomplishments, but there is still so much fun to be had!!!
        Leta

It's good to have growing things around!


No comments:

Post a Comment