Saturday, March 19, 2022

March 19--Create, Yes You Can!

If you have nothing at all to create, then perhaps you create yourself.  --Carl Jung

    It seems I've been creating something ever since my very talented mother taught me to sew at an early age. She also taught me to crochet and embroider. She did a lot of creating of things, but not so much of creating herself. Making things helped to keep her distracted from her many issues. 
    I've spent decades both creating things and creating myself. It seems each benefits the other. For example, venturing into painting ("I can't paint!") has helped me create myself with less perfectionism, more patience, more willingness to learn and experiment, and less self-criticism. 
    I would suggest not going overboard with self-improvement, i.e., creating yourself. Creating in any form ought to be a joy, not a chore. And variety IS the spice of life!
        Leta


The finished painting by yours truly


No comments:

Post a Comment