Tuesday, March 29, 2022

March 29--Wonders

The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.  --Carl Jung

    I'm a lifelong gardener. I've started the annual spring cleanup, and I love getting my hands in the dirt and tidying my little spot on the planet. 
    For a mental break from tax work and to move my body, I often take a one-mile walk around Clearwater at lunchtime. I've noticed on the street many of these tree droppings:


    These are (thank you, Google) the seed pods of a sycamore tree. They are extremely hard. However, with a pointed tool, one can get into the bumps and start removing the outer layer:

    
    In contrast to the outer part, that fluff inside is as soft as baby skin. As I continued to peel the outer layer, the inner seed began to appear:


    And here it is, the inner seed, again extremely hard:

    
    Ain't nature wonderful!?!?!?! Explore, look closely, there are wonders to be found!
        Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment