Monday, March 14, 2022

March 14--Every Age Matters

If we limit ourselves to the age that we are, and forget all the ages that we have been, we diminish our truth.  --Madeleine L'Engle

    Each of us is a whole package. There's still the child in us, and I figure most of us have experienced outbursts of that child well into adulthood. 
    I don't dwell long and hard on the past, but I've had a great life, despite challenges here and there. All the ages I have been have contributed to getting me to the "ripe old age" of 66. I surely don't feel 66, and I am supremely grateful for my great health. My journey has yielded me tremendous healing of emotional and spiritual issues. I loved life as a mom when my sons were still living at home. I've had many good jobs and have settled into a variety of work that I love. 
    Part of my truth is that I am a Pennsylvania hillbilly, born and raised in the boondocks of beautiful central PA. There is still a huge place in my heart for my home state. I also think fondly of my times living in Minnesota (Twin Cities), Wisconsin (Green Bay), and now nearly 40 years in Kansas. That round-about circuit led me to my husband, a family, and a lifetime of love. 
    Everyone has a story,
        Leta

My former "stomping grounds" in PA


No comments:

Post a Comment