Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March 1--Authenticity

The summit of happiness is reached when a person is ready to be what he is. 
--Desiderius Erasmus

    Erasmus was a Dutch philosopher born in the 1400s, a forward thinker for his time. 
    It's March! Can spring be far? The theme in "Daily Joy" for March is authenticity. From Merriam-Webster, this is being "true to one's own personality, spirit or character." We get to explore just how comfortable we are with ourselves, "warts and all." 
    The joke around the tax office is that my co-worker is the nice one and I'm the cranky one. I'm not really, but I just can't measure up to the sweet kindness she expresses. I'm OK with me. I'm content being a numbers-nerd. Numbers make me happy. Numbers are predictable; people, not so much. 
    I love to golf, though I'm not good at it. I love to watch a lot of baseball and basketball. When I paint, I am especially fond of straight lines. I love to travel. I love to swim. And I love being by myself. I'd have to say I'm at the "summit of happiness" because I'm good with me at this point in my life. Certainly that has not always been the case, and no doubt, there is still much room for improvement. It is an ongoing adventure for which I am eternally grateful. 
    Enjoy being you!
        Leta
  
My daily lap swim spot in Jamaica


No comments:

Post a Comment