Thursday, March 24, 2022

March 24--Heart-Rich


What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.  --Helen Keller

    This is a wonderful, comforting thought. Deep love brings people, places and events into our hearts where they leave an imprint forever. I think this is fairly easy to see relative to people. Each family member and friend has had a impact on us and helped to shape us into our present version. My husband and sons are a part of me--I can't separate my life from them, and I can't imagine going through a day without thinking lovingly of them, even though they may be far away. 
    Then there's Barney, our dog. He's a part of us for sure. I know that I may outlive him, or vice versa, and it would be unbelievably painful to let him go. But he'll always be my "best bud ever."  
    Places and events that I hold in my heart forever: Alan Seeger Natural Area in central PA, site of many a family picnic growing up and one of my favorite places on the planet; Wrigley Field and the many Cubs games I've attended; golfing with my sons and my brother; beach vacations; a multitude of learning opportunities like yoga teacher training and painting workshops; and certainly world travels. 
    My heart is full!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment