Friday, June 4, 2021

June 4--Take a Nap, Take a Walk

In order to understand the world, one has to turn away from it on occasion. 
--Albert Camus

    I am totally onboard with the "turn away" part. I'm not sure I can understand the world, but if there is any hope of that, yes, it requires a step back to bring things into perspective. When I turn away from the world, I naturally turn within, and understanding myself better helps me to understand the world better. My nap time is my consistent daily turn away, which I refer to as my "stop the world, I want to get off" time. 
    Another "turn away" practice that is most beneficial for me is to not take anything personally. This is no small challenge. My codependent self thinks everything is about me. Separating myself from others' actions and opinions certainly helps my understanding of life. 
    My daily walks with Barney are also an opportunity to "turn away." His joy in being outdoors is infectious. He's not burdened by the cares of the world. He's alert, curious, always ready to go. He is love incarnate, and that's what I want to practice, and what I want the world to be. 
    Learning every day,
        Leta
Nap time with Barney


No comments:

Post a Comment