Sunday, June 27, 2021

June 27--Let It Flow On By

To make the best use of what is in your power, take the rest as it happens. 
--Epictetus

    What is in my power... the stuff I can control... really very little. Myself, my perceptions, my reactions. It's plenty of work in life to manage those things. It's a much better use of my time to work on the things I have power over, rather than to try to fuss, meddle and control the rest that is far out of my sphere. 
    Our world has seen events in the last few years that I would have never anticipated seeing in my lifetime. With so little control over these things, we've had to learn, to save our sanity, to "take the rest as it happens," and let it go. We make the best use of our power when we live each day well, with kindness, consideration and gratitude for those folks who share our lives. 
    Thanks for reading!
        Leta

 

No comments:

Post a Comment