Thursday, June 17, 2021

June 17--Look and Learn

One's destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things. 
--Henry Miller

    I consider the many destinations I have been to in my life. It wasn't about arriving there, but rather about experiencing the place, and that creates a new way of looking at things. One of my favorite spots on the planet is Alan Seeger Natural Area in central Pennsylvania. The beauty, the quiet, the solitude, the fresh air--they restore my soul. I've traveled many places around the world, from the poorest parts of Africa to the luxuries of all-inclusive beach resorts. Every trip has been a learning experience, both about the place and its people and about myself. Every situation has enriched my vision of life. 
    An open mind and curiosity are the keys to a new way of looking at things. Are those still active in you, or are you rigid and cynical? I'll take a sense of wonder any day. 
        Leta
Fresh berry art at the
San Diego Farmers' Market

Flower made of Legos,
Botanica, the Wichita Gardens

At the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, NY





No comments:

Post a Comment