Monday, June 14, 2021

June 14--Did We Have Fun?

Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality. 
--Nikos Kazantzakis

    The June 12 photo of my weekend golf course didn't quite represent reality. The greens were in generally excellent shape, but the rest of the course was in dreadful shape. Several of the women's tee boxes were bare dirt, and others had just a few weeds here and there. The fairways were hard to pinpoint. There were foot tall weeds all over the fairways. It was a challenge to play for me--remember I said a few days ago that as a gardener, the first thing I see is weeds? Many balls were lost in the poorly-mowed territory. There was much disappointment expressed among the group, exacerbated by the extreme heat and humidity. No one played to their usual scores. 
    But did we have fun? Yes! While we couldn't change the reality of the course, I feel we all did a reasonably good job of focusing on the fun of being away, hanging with friends, enjoying meals out, imbibing adult beverages and rowdy card-playing. I believe a good time was had by all.
    Onward,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment