Wednesday, May 8, 2024

May 8--The Relief Tears Bring

What cannot be said will be wept.  --Sappho

    This has been so true for me. I can't put into words how hard it is not having my brother Arlie on the planet, yet at the same time, I am grateful for his end to suffering. 
    I encourage folks to cry, which I refer to as soul-rinsing. We would not have the physical ability to cry if it was not essential to our well-being. It is an exceptional way to move energy that needs to be released. As Sappho said, we don't even need to know the impetus for the tears. 
    I have shed many a tear of joy in my lifetime, too. Tears have expressed appreciation for a place of great beauty on our magnificent Mother Earth or for a great work of art. Simple everyday things like a spectacular sunset or the intricacies of a spider's web can start the flow of tears. 
    My dad, annoyed with my tendency to cry "too much," used to say about me: "Her water always was close to her eyes." 
    I'm OK with that, Dad. 
        Leta

David by Michelangelo, gets my vote for
the most beautiful work of art in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment