Sunday, May 12, 2024

May 12--Loving Moms

Moments of kindness and reconciliation are worth having, even if the parting has to come sooner or later.  --Alice Munro

    It is never too late to forgive. Even if the person is deceased, you can write a letter of forgiveness and have a ritual of release, such as burning or shredding the letter. It works!
    I often quote Richard Rohr from the Center for Action and Contemplation. His Daily Meditations this week have been about "homecoming"--the eventual return to Source that we all experience. While I am happy that my beloved brother is no longer suffering, I do miss him terribly. This quote from Mr. Rohr is quite comforting: 
In the metaphor of life as a journey, I think it’s finally about coming back home to where we started. As I approach death, I think the best way to describe what’s coming next is not “I’m dying,” but “I’m finally going home."
    Thinking of my brother as being "home" works for me. I believe that is how he was viewing it. Eventually being "home" myself also works for me.  
    Let us not pass up any opportunity to express love and appreciation here and now,
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment