Saturday, May 25, 2024

May 25--Unlimited Grace

Love is by definition an unmerited gift; being loved without meriting it is the very proof of real love.  --Milan Kundera

    "Being loved without meriting it" is the full grace of Spirit moving in, through and as us. I think so many folks grew up with the natural desire to please parents/elders. When that effort seemingly failed, we fell into the "I'm not worthy" trap. The idea of being completely loved, "warts and all," is very difficult to grasp, and even more challenging to integrate into one's being and live it.
    I have been praying for Spirit's guidance, understanding, nudges, any sort of help relative to my intentions of "staying healthy and active" and "encouraging and allowing myself to be a happy human." Two things came up to me yesterday. The word "abandonment" flashed billboard-size in my brain. There's much to consider there. Also, I ran across an article about high-functioning depression that hit way too close to home. I shall be journaling, and you may see more on these topics in future writings. 
    Learning every day,
        Leta
Snoozing right next to me, sweet Barney, real love!

No comments:

Post a Comment