Tuesday, May 7, 2024

May 7--Bendable Hearts

Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.  --Albert Camus

    I don't know if my heart has simply bent; it surely feels broken. That's what the past year and a half has been--wrenching my heart with a wild mix of emotions. There have been huge family disappointments in several directions, all capped off by the loss of my beloved brother. Is that what causes us to leave the planet--our hearts stop bending and actually break? 
    I keep chanting my intentions to myself to try to stay within the "bend" range. Those intentions are "to stay healthy and active" and "to encourage and allow myself to be a happy human." It is way too easy these days for my thoughts to wander into the "broken" range. 
    Grateful for resilience,
        Leta

The lovely course I played last Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment