Sunday, May 5, 2024

May 5--Love Sustains Us

There is always something left to love. And if you ain't learned that, you ain't learned nothing.  --Lorraine Hansberry

    It doesn't matter how much the folks in my closest relationships aggravate me, it all comes down to love. We all put up with a lot for the sake of love. My recently-passed brother and I were on WAY opposite ends of the political spectrum. When he went off on one of his crusading rants, I just kept reminding myself how much I love him and listened patiently till he "came up for air." This proves that I can be baffled by someone and still love him/her.
    Consider the common plant shown below. Weed? But have you had a toddler joyfully hand you a bouquet of them? Have you seen a child's delight in blowing away the seed puff? Have you acknowledged its mighty strength to grow through a crack in cement? 
    "Always something left to love,"
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment