Thursday, February 29, 2024

February 29--Goodbye, February!! 😀😀😀

There's never been a better time to let the leaves of mediocrity fall from your tree of life.  --David Ault

    We who live in chillier climates ask, "Why did they put the extra day on February? Why not May or June, or even my birthday month, October?" February, in my opinion, is already the longest month! I'm happy to see February finish, as March offers more promise of spring. March 28 is Opening Day of baseball season, my favorite day of the year!
    I am pondering what "leaves of mediocrity" I could drop. I am plagued by scary, morbid thoughts and resentments, especially when lying awake at night. I am constantly redirecting my thoughts to more positive ones. I am resenting my resentments! Thoughts of lack, not enough, money worries--these can fall away. Venting my anger at other drivers is mediocre behavior. I'm sure there are others, but it is time to close. 
    Happy birthday to my D-I-L, whose real birthday is today. 
        Leta

Pear tree blossoms in FL

No comments:

Post a Comment