Sunday, February 25, 2024

February 25--Hugs Welcome

We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.  --Dalai Lama XIV

    I love the Dalai Lama! He is nothing if not practical and infinitely humble. I have officially become a NONE. That is the term used these days to denote folks with no religious affiliation. I feel like I have been through almost as many religions as I have diets, and I don't want any of them any more! I do, however, have a very rich spiritual life and a Super Higher Power and that keeps me loving and affectionate most of the time. 
    I am not one to sit and meditate. I've been exposed to too many "musts" and "shoulds" relative to meditation that I am resistant to it. I prefer to think of my life as meditation. I value frequent pauses for a few deep breaths to remind myself that right this instant, all is well, and I am grateful. I carry on a conversation with my Higher Power throughout the day. I practice staying connected. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

    Another day in paradise began with my relaxed spiritual practice and large cup of joe. Lanie and I walked down to the beach, where I got my hand in the cold water of the gulf and found a lovely shell. The water was again closed to swimming due to rip tides. Next came pool time, heavenly to me. We ate a quick lunch then went to the movies to see "One Love," the Bob Marley story. It was quite interesting. We got takeout food at Mason's Lobster Rolls and took it back to the house to enjoy while watching the KU basketball game. I finished off the day with one other brave girlfriend chunky-dunking by the light of the full moon. It was a heavenly peaceful experience and I slept like a rock. 
    One of the phrases that has become a source of great laughter this vacation is "over the top." That's the way to describe most everything we enjoy on a vacation at the Hill resort. The seats at the movie theater were basically individual recliners with foot rests. I never laid my head back because it was nap time for me and I knew I would konk out. I would expect that there are some movies where snoring is an issue!
    "Over the top" and loving it,
        Leta

Part of a Panama City Beach mural

No comments:

Post a Comment