Wednesday, February 7, 2024

February 7--Another Completion

Life must be rich and full of loving--it's no good otherwise, no good at all, for anyone.  --Jack Kerouac

    Art makes life "rich and full of loving." I have completed another straight-line painting. It has taken some time for me to like my own artwork (super-self-critical), and I love this latest accomplishment. The title is "That's Odd." There are five colors: peach, turquoise, ivory, black and tan. There is an odd number of occurrences of each color. Every occurrence of every color has an odd number of sides. I started with the 7-sided turquoise splotch in the center and worked outward from there. It grew however I was moved on any given day. I started this the day after Christmas 2023 and worked on it every day since then. I believe this qualifies for complex art--at least in my brain, it does! The triple-coated acrylic paint is on a 2' square of weather-resistant sealed plywood that can be hung indoors or out. 
    Now I'm a little freaked... what is my next creative project!?!?!!
        Leta

"That's Odd" by Leta Renee Miller,
February 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment