Thursday, February 8, 2024

February 8--No Matter What

Love is not a because, it's a no matter what.  --Jodi Picoult

    How clever this quote is! (She is an outstanding author, by the way.) My "no matter what" leads to my brother. I listen patiently to his Fox-News-inspired political rants. We are on WAY opposite sides of the spectrum, and I keep reminding myself that I love him "no matter what" his views are. 
    Let's be real here. Love can be challenging. Sometimes we have to use a "because" to get to the "no matter what." This is especially true for the inevitable ups and downs of a long-term marriage. "Because" I said "for better or worse," I love you "no matter what." 
    I believe we create earthly and spiritual families so that we can continually practice "no matter what." Pets are a good source of practice, too.
        Leta

Barney loves us, no matter what. 
However, he does give us
an occasional "talking to."

No comments:

Post a Comment